Hudson Valley Gives Updates
We understand that many of your fundraising efforts are currently impacted by evolving public health directives and event cancellations. Here you will find the latest information regarding Hudson Valley Gives and how to take full advantage of your Giving Day. Additionally, we are continuously working on providing resources to help your organization continue to succeed.
Changes & Updates
- Current Giving Day date: May 20th
- Day-of Celebration of Success
- Date: May 20th, 2020
- Time: 4:00PM - 7:00PM
- Virtual Training: HV Gives 2020 Info session and 1:1 office hours
- Date: April 14th - Opening words: 9:00ApM - 9:30AM
- 9:30 - 10:45AM: "Getting up & Running"
- 9:30 - 10:45AM: "Taking it to the next level"
- 30-minute office hour slots available starting at 11:00AM - 4:00PM
- Webinar: "Strategies for an impactful Giving Day during COVID19"
- Topics include: Continuing to connect with supporters, leveraging social media, utilizing fundraising tools and continued community engagement.
- Acknowledge the situation on social media, even if your nonprofit does not directly serve those impacted
- Engage with your supporters via a Facebook Poll or Instagram Poll
- Create an "I give on Giving Day because..." sign and have people take selfies, post on social media, and tag your nonprofit
- Have staff or volunteers do a social media takeover to share a day in the life of your nonprofit and remind followers to give on Giving Day
- Update your followers on your fundraising goals throughout the day. Post regularly with stories or fun facts. Give your followers a reason to care, share and donate!
- Consider a safe dare or challenge to engage your followers. For example, if you reach 50 donors, your ED will get a pie in the face or dye their hair a fun color!
- Add P2P fundraisers via your Giving Day Dashboard, and encourage supporters to sign up via social media
- Ask volunteers to pair up with a P2P fundraiser and share it out on the fundraiser's behalf - that's one fundraiser with twice the reach!
- Encourage your P2P fundraisers to ramp up sharing on social media
- Offer a small prize to the fundraiser that raises the most. It can be as simple as a t-shirt or free membership to your organization!
- Like on social media, acknowledge the situation with your supporters and check-in to see how they are doing
- Be direct with your asks and help donors understand what the funds are going towards. Remember, that keeping the lights on is still a worthy cause to fundraise for!
- Offer an alternative for those that can't give right now: Like, follow, subscribe, share!
- Go Live on Facebook to engage with supporters in lieu of an in-person event
- Host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Facebook Live to engage with supporters
- Create an online trivia or game show to host on Giving Day via Facebook LiveOffer a virtual tour, performance or storytime via Facebook Live
- Make sure to let your supporters know in advance when you're going live so they know when to tune in!
- Ask volunteers to make thank-you calls throughout the Giving Day
- Give donors (that have opted to make their donation public!) a special shoutout on social media
- Remember: The way to get your first gift is to ask, and the way to get your second gift is to say thank you!