Your Hudson Valley Gives Fundraiser Toolkit
It's time to take the love you have for your favorite nonprofit or charitable cause! Hudson Valley Gives is designed to make it super simple for you to build support for the organizations and causes you care about. So, let's get everyone in your network ready to give!
- Mark your calendar for May 16th. Make a donation on May 16th to show you're all in!
- Become a champion for your nonprofit. If you weren't invited to fundraise for an organization, you can still sign up to be a fundraiser!
- Visit the organization’s profile
- Click the "Fundraise" button!
- Spread the word. Talk about Hudson Valley Gives with friends, family, and colleagues. Email your friends. Post about on it Facebook or share one of the posts on the Hudson Valley Gives Facebook Page. Tweet about it or retweet one of ours from Hudson Valley Gives Twitter Page. Change your profile picture and cover photos to #HVGives graphics.
Basics to being a Fundraising Champion
What link do I share? You’ll want to share the link created for your fundraising page found in your Fundraising Toolkit. You can also share the main campaign link, and your supporters will still be able to donate to your specific page!
How do I get the word out? To get the word out about Hudson Valley Gives, you’ll want to communicate with your contacts through email messages, social media posts, and word of mouth. Check out some of the sample content below for ideas of what to post and when!
What am I responsible for as a champion? As a Fundraising Champion you’re responsible for getting the word out about Hudson Valley Gives, and encouraging support for your fundraiser and the organization that you are fundraising for!